Monday, August 25, 2014

First day of school!

It's the first day of school!!  For this one year, all of my children will be in elementary school together.  The three older children were so excited for Jonah to start school this morning that they forgot to be nervous about themselves.



Each of them bravely walked into their classrooms without a look back.  Of course I cried.  How could I not?  This year is especially difficult for me....the last day of sending a child off to Kindergarten....I can't help feeling a bit bereft.....and then there's the fact that I'll be starting school myself (cosmetology) next week.  It's hard to even imagine what this school year is going to look like; what our lives are going to feel like.


But for today, I am going to rest in the stillness and peace of finally being alone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...