Friday, March 09, 2012

Spring


There are purple blooms on trees, a green haze of newly emerged leaves.  I've been scrubbing the house with windows open, enjoying the smell of new spring.

Today, however, it is chilly and raining.  I can't seem to get quite warm after my early morning run.  Billy and I ate lunch with Daisy, Max and Sparky at school (lunch times starting as early as 10:30!)  It was supposed to be the Texas Day "cook-out", but since the weather did not permit, we ate in the cafeteria instead.

Eating lunch with my children on Texas Day

Now that we are back home for naptime, I wish nothing more than for my pajamas, a wool blanket, a cup of hot tea, an afternoon movie.  Dinner will certainly be a large pot of chili.

Spring loves nothing more than to tease.

1 comment:

knit1spin2 said...

We are supposed to get some sping like 68 degree weather in RI.  We will probably stay in the 50s over here on this side of the state - the water is still so cold so it doesn't ever warm up here until late May!  A tease indeed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...