I've been working on my "Thinking" embroidery in the last few days, and have been enjoying my newly organized floss/notions box.
It's a converted fishing tackle box that was much less expensive than the boxes marketed as "craft organizers".
It snaps closed for easy travel, but most importantly, I can actually see everything that I have, which makes it much more fun to work on my stitching.
This week's links!
Newly in love with this Etsy shop:
- Scanned vintage ephemera for your scrapping and crafting needs at Digital Collage Sheets
- Short Sexy Hold Out Medium Gel. My very favorite hair gel -- it's not super hard like gels usually are, but isn't all wimpy and wilty like waxes or pomades. It's great for shaping my hair just the way I want it.
- TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray. This is the most perfect hairspray I've ever found -- from extreme edgy styles to softer up-does, this is my favorite hairstyle finisher.
Geeky blog info:
- I never knew how to share a PDF file until just now! Thanks Blog Guidebook! You make me look kind of smart.
- I plan on getting out my crochet hooks and making one of these Gumdrop Slouchy Hats for myself.
- I am so enamored with the design of this Free Amy Butler "Blossom Bag" pattern.
- Stick Horses would be a well used item in this house. If only I could be sure that they wouldn't be swung round wildly as swords...
- Love the look of this comfy, gathered skirt by Anna Maria Horner (I would shir it with elastic thread though instead of the "channels).
- Such a sweet, reusable pouch tutorial for class Valentine's gifts by Dana at Made!
- Quick and simple, but tasty looking: Easy Margarita Chicken. This recipe was recommended by a friend.
- I've been making the same buttermilk biscuits from The Joy Of Cooking for years. I wonder how this recipe stacks up? The Flakiest Biscuit from Everyone Likes Sandwiches.
- Meatball Subs with Caramelized Onions -- it's a Smitten Kitchen recipe, and that means I AM MAKING IT!
- This Freeze Ahead Lasagna Primavera by Culinary In The Country sounds both delicious and convenient.
- Pioneer Woman's Beef Fajita Nachos look just about perfect.
- I've been making granola to sprinkle over my morning bowl of homemade yogurt -- this Honey Toasted Muesli by Heidi of 101Cookbooks looks like it would be a delicious variation.
- The Bittersweet Chocolate Cookies over at Everyone Likes Sandwiches are making me crave chocolate like mad.
- Salted Caramel Filled Molten Chocolate Cakes sound like a perfect Valentine dessert. If only my Valentine liked chocolate...