Monday, December 06, 2010

Gilded Acorns

Why do the writers of Private Practice feel compelled to make the world fall apart all the time?  Just sayin'.

Moving right along: last week, Sparky and Max collected a bunch of great big acorns from a nearby field (are they acorns?  Not sure.)  I bought some metallic paint (DecoArt Dazzling Metalics in Splendid Gold, Worn Penny, and Festive Red), covered our little picnic table with newspapers and waxed paper (for the painted ones to dry), and let my boys work on painting the acorns themselves.

 


I showed them this Autumn Acorn Tutorial round-up from Dana over at Made, and let the boys go from there.

 


Letting go of a project...letting them do it themselves is sort of difficult for me.

 


Maybe I'm a little bit of a control freak sometimes.  But I did.  I put it entirely in their hands, just checking in occasionally to make sure they didn't move on to painting the patio...or the house..or the fence (the two little ones have me conditioned now to expect the worst.  I think I'm developing a twitch over one eye.  God help us all.)  But they did such a fantastic job, didn't make a huge mess, didn't waste the paint all over the newspapers... overall, they did a beautiful job, and I'm so proud of them.

 


We have them set out in a trifle dish, and it makes me smile every time I see it.

 



The 6th and final Boots Project outfit:

 

Yet another Mendocino dress -- I don't think that I ever blogged this one, but it's a linen blend, and my very favorite shade of Turquoise.  (Yes, it's wrinkled, and no, I didn't feel like ironing it.  Whatevs.)

It's way too chilly to wear this today (even with my Aspen Shawl tied into a wrap), but this is my absolute favorite of the whole lineup.  I look forward to being able to wear this for real!  Right now though I'm really enjoying the frost in the air.  It very nearly feels like winter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...