Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

All week I've been wanting to say "I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!", but I suppose that now I can just say "I hope that you enjoy what remains of your Thanksgiving weekend." We certainly are!

The boys have had a short week at school -- I took signed them out of their classes early on Tuesday after Sparky's class performed an adorable (but very politically incorrect) Thanksgiving play. Here's a shot of his class:



We left school and drove into Austin to do our last bit of food shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. We weren't the only ones with the same idea; the parking lot at Central Market actually had parking attendants. Thankfully, it wasn't too crazy inside the store, and the children (with the promise of Gelato at the end) were complete angels. It was miraculous.

There wasn't any school on Wednesday, although Greg still had to work, so the children and I had an unusual, long day all together.

On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, Jillian and Aaron (friends that were stationed in Germany with us) drove up from San Antonio (where they live) to spend the holiday with us. It was so nice to have them, and fun to collaborate our dinner menu. And quite a menu it was:





To see details, click through to the Flickr set.









What a crew. Thank you Jillian and Aaron for helping to make our Thanksgiving special! We love you guys!

So now I can say it: I dearly hope that this weekend -- whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not -- you have been able to carve out time to spend moments with those you hold most dear. I am thankful for all of you, my darling readers, for your creative input, your patience with my sporadic posts, for the way you each inspire me through your comments and through your blogs and/or your projects on Ravelry and elsewhere. I value each one of you so much -- I don't know what I'd do without all of you, my very wonderful, loving, crafting community.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...