Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lush and Lacy

My Lush and Lacy Cardigan is complete!





The only modifications I made were to the button band (I included two buttonholes because I didn't want the buttons on both sides), and to knit the sleeves straight with no peplum. Also, I did not include the pockets in the front, because I don't need to attract any attention to my belly. I would much rather draw the eye up, which is what the lace does, gracefully.



As you may remember, I DID knit the peplum initially, but then after realizing how they did not complement my figure, I removed them and completed the sleeves in plain stockinette stitch.



I really like the sweater; the length hits me at the perfect spot, the shoulders fit nicely, and after my bustline returns to it's non-nursing size, it should fit me even better.

For all of the project details, visit the project page on Ravelry.

I've got another sweater on the needles now that will be perfect for the warmer weather we've been having. More to follow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...