Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Working up a sweater

I've noticed something about my projects. I enjoy the idea of knitting a sock more than I actually enjoy wearing them. I enjoy the idea of wearing a sweater more than I actually enjoy knitting them. So I knit socks, and dream of sweaters. Now, I do, of course, wear my socks with pride and all, but there's just so much of a fashion statement that can be made with them -- they do generally reside inside of a shoe.

I was thinking about all of this, because... well, does anyone remember that I was working on Sahara a while a while ago? It's been almost three months exactly. Initially this project excited me, but then a bunch of other projects got queued up in front of it, and it kind of got left in the bottom of the knitting bag. Stockinette....endlessly, it seemed. Nevermind that I'm knitting a size small short sleeved version -- it was so intimidating to me for some reason! Over my visit back to NY, I finished up almost everything else that was on the needles, so I had to find a way to work on this without feeling like I wanted to stab my eye out. As it turns out, it's completely painless as a movie knit! Speed through round after round without even looking, and suddenly -- progress!
Sahara, joined in the round
I know, not terribly impressive. But this has gone from a rectangle of fabric to something that actually has armholes and such, so I can't help but be pleased. I'm just used to having something immediately pretty and interesting on the needles...

So I cast on for this:
Loksins in progress
Mmmm... the satisfaction of sweet lace in a small project. Oh lovely sock, how I enjoy thee.

Speaking of lace, I think that a blocking session is in order...
Nightshade, unblocked
Maybe tomorrow.

In other news, I'm blond again.
I'm blond again

Boy kisses
There have been a lot of days lately where I doubt who I am, and hate the fact that I am stuck in motherhood, but I've got to tell you: I adore these little people. I really do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...