Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hoodie Baby Blanket and some gorgeous new wool

The Hoodie Baby Blanket for my new little nephew is done, except for weaving in ends and blocking.  Here's the progress shot from yesterday afternoon when I'd picked up all of the stitches for the edging (and let's please not discuss just how long it took me to pick up evenly...I would loose respect for my own knitting skills if I actually stopped to think about it too hard.)



Recently got in the mail from The Loopy Ewe:



I've been wanting to try Lorna's Laces roving for almost as long as I've been spinning, but somehow never got around to buying any.  When I was "window shopping" at The Loopy Ewe the other day, I saw this stuff in the Seaside colorway, and decided that was the moment.  I had to have it.




It seems expensive -- $30 for one bump of fiber -- but the bump happens to be 10 ounces, so it's really quite a reasonable price.  And the colors!  Oh, the colors.  This is something that I could just buy more and more of, just to look at it in my wool room.  And I don't stash, just for the sake of stash.

Daisy learned to stand this week (finally)!



And then the very next day, she was standing on top of things like this:



(The fort was built entirely by the boys, on their own.  They were very proud of themselves.)


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...