Monday, December 10, 2007

The Christmas knitting I said I wouldn't do

The race for getting Christmas gifts done is in full force! I don't even have time to be blogging, but I wanted to share my progress. Here's the socks that I knit for my mom.

Windowpane Socks for my mom
PATTERN SPECS
Yarn: Spunky Eclectic Supernova in the almost solid colorway, "Cranberry"
Needles: Knitpicks classic circulars size 2
Pattern: "Windowpane" (my own)

The pattern is my own. If you want a pair too, here's the "recipe":
CO 50 sts in sportweight yarn (my gauge was 6 sts per inch). Knit about an inch of 3 x 2 rib. Start patterned rows (K 3, P 2 around. Every 8th row, purl all the way around.) Short row heel, short row toe (according to Priscilla's Dream Socks - Google it for free pattern).

The only thing that bothers me about these is that the two sides of the heel don't match:
Windowpane short-row heel detail
I'm not sure what I'm doing, and it's hard to tell in the picture. I mean, they're perfectly functional and look fine. They'll be inside shoes. But they're not exactly the same, and that bugs me just a little.
Windowpane pattern detail

Moving on.

My brother Joel requested this Husky from a knitted toy book we were looking at together. Very unfortunately, it's turning out to look exactly like a rat.
Husky in progress
See?
Husky face
I really don't like the felt eyes. I wish so badly that I'd thought ahead and ordered some safety eyes, but it's too late now. Ah well.

Along with the Husky (and a bear for my brother Christopher), I'm also knitting Joel and Christopher hats out of these:
Yarn for hats (Christmas gifts)
All of this supposedly by tonight. Right.

Well, I hope all of your Christmas knitting is going well! (Or that perhaps you are smart enough to not do it at all?) Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...